I've tried a lot of different blogging sites over the past ten years, so I have quite a few different blogs scattered around the Web. Some of them are fairly current, while a couple are pretty much defunct. You can feel free to check them out, though...
- Medium.com- I've kept a few "mini-blogs" at Medium.com for some time now, but I recently discovered their new program whereby bloggers can be paid (a very small amount) for their writing. The more views you get, the more you are paid. So I've been experimenting with blogging for pay, mainly with a blog that I call the Corybantic Blog. It's a very simple forum, but it looks good, and it's an opportunity to make a couple extra bucks. (My first payout was a whopping $6.33.)
- Baker Street Babble- this is my Sherlock Holmes themed blog, which has reviews of books, films, and other Sherlockiana. I also share posts from this blog on my Baker Street Babble Facebook page.
- Willy Wigglestick- this my blog about the works of William Shakespeare, in print, on film, and elsewhere. I have a Facebook page that coordinates with the blog.
- Bible Bookshelf- this blog is about the Bible, specifically different translations in English (as well as a few posts about some non-English versions). For a short while, I did a podcast that coordinated with this blog.
- Dallas: Poetry of My Grandmother- I have a little black book that was my Grandma Howell's, and it contains a lot of different poems that she published in various newspapers (as well as a couple poems by my Grandpa Howell). I've been transcribing these onto a blog.
- Corybanter II- This is the original Corybanter Blog, the first one I ever had. When Posterous was a thing, I moved most of my blogging there (calling it Corybanter II); after Posterous shut down, I maintained the Tumblr blog for awhile, before I discovered Weebly. I still post links, music, and other brief stuff there. I've decided to name this one "Corybanter II," to replace the one I used to have on Posterous by that name. Confused yet?
- My Wix blog: I even tried starting a Wix blog awhile back, but I haven't really developed it. There's not much there...
- Penzu Prayer Journal: A little while back, I started an online "prayer journal" at simple blogging site Penzu. Haven't really kept up with it.
- Qoheleth: I almost forgot, I started a blog on Typepad a long time ago, and named it Qoheleth, after the narrator of the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible. There are only a few posts there. I just haven't gotten around to shutting it down yet.
- Corybanter III: This is not the first time I've tried to create a blog on Wordpress.com. And it's not one that I am very likely to maintain. For a short while, it was intended to be my main Corybanter blog, but then I found out that only the premium service at Wordpress allowed posting of video. Since that is much of what I do in my blogging, that was a big sticking point.
- Corybanter IV: I just created this on Postach.io. It's a super easy blogging platform that coordinates with Evernote. (I didn't even remember having an Evernote account, but apparently I created one back in 2014!) Just for kicks, I named it Corybanter IV, as it's at least the fourth blog I've given that name to.
- Dreamwidth: I just discovered this site today, while looking for my old blog at LiveJournal. I don't expect that I'll use this site very much, but I did create an account, just in case.